had to replace our washer about 2 years ago. I asked for one WITHOUT a damn computer in it. there wasn't one in the whole store. then I found out from a guy that there is a group of old guys in the next town buying up old washers and dryers from yard sale, estate sales and anywhere else they can find old machines made in the 1960"s or 70"s. they rebuild them for their kids and a few friends. and they do have a "waiting list" of people wanting rebuild machines. I still can not understand why they make machines that HAVE TO CONNECT IN ORDER TO WORK. makes no sense to me at all. but then again, I am over 70 and from a time where machines worked longer than 3-5 years. take simple old hot water heaters. most made before 1980 where glass lined and lasted YEARS ! NOW, THE FACTORY HAS FIGURED OUT JUST HOW LONG ONE WILL LAST BECAUSE OF HOW THICK or thin THE SHEET METAL IT MADE OF WILL RUST OUT. and they call this progress ?
The connect machines can be remotely shut down at anytime, you'll own nothing and like it. Plus answer me why a digital washing machine has microphone in it?
Cars are connected and are now required to tell on you. Hope no one buys a car for the next few years. Those bastards deserve to go bankrupt, for lobbying for this. Ken in Atlanta.
Bought an upright freezer, salesman said. Just buy the one without any digital interfaces or controls, they just fail within 3 years, you want just on/off and an analog thermostat. Works like a charm, 15 years +
We all know modern appliances stuck. For refrigerators, I've learned to avoid any extra features. I won't buy one with any thru the door features like water and ice dispenser, they always break. I also check out the door closing mechanism since those are also often a POS.
had to replace our washer about 2 years ago. I asked for one WITHOUT a damn computer in it.
ReplyDeletethere wasn't one in the whole store. then I found out from a guy that there is a group of old guys
in the next town buying up old washers and dryers from yard sale, estate sales and anywhere else they can find old machines made in the 1960"s or 70"s. they rebuild them for their kids and a few friends. and they do have a "waiting list" of people wanting rebuild machines.
I still can not understand why they make machines that HAVE TO CONNECT IN ORDER TO WORK.
makes no sense to me at all. but then again, I am over 70 and from a time where machines worked longer than 3-5 years.
take simple old hot water heaters. most made before 1980 where glass lined and lasted YEARS !
NOW, THE FACTORY HAS FIGURED OUT JUST HOW LONG ONE WILL LAST BECAUSE OF HOW THICK or thin THE SHEET METAL IT MADE OF WILL RUST OUT. and they call this progress ?
The connect machines can be remotely shut down at anytime, you'll own nothing and like it.
DeletePlus answer me why a digital washing machine has microphone in it?
Exile1981
I still want the beer concession at Hanoi Jane's funeral for all the vets who want to piss on her grave.
ReplyDeleteAlan
Me too!!
DeleteCan we split the profits?
Anymouse
I just hope I live long enough to join the line. - Nemo
DeleteDear ladies, we also don't like hair colors not normally found in nature, either.
ReplyDelete-lg
Good morning Doc!
ReplyDeleteAnother fine morning with Doc
ReplyDeleteCars are connected and are now required to tell on you. Hope no one buys a car for the next few years. Those bastards deserve to go bankrupt, for lobbying for this.
ReplyDeleteKen in Atlanta.
Bought an upright freezer, salesman said. Just buy the one without any digital interfaces or controls, they just fail within 3 years, you want just on/off and an analog thermostat. Works like a charm, 15 years +
ReplyDeleteMostly what kills a refrigerator freezer is that the door seals go bad (and failing to keep the condenser coils clean. )
ReplyDeleteEM1(SS)
We all know modern appliances stuck. For refrigerators, I've learned to avoid any extra features. I won't buy one with any thru the door features like water and ice dispenser, they always break. I also check out the door closing mechanism since those are also often a POS.
ReplyDeleteGood Morning! A fine spread today!
ReplyDeleteAny day with pics of Jennifer Connolly, Sydney Sweeney and the President's ass kicking super girl'[s is a good day.\
ReplyDeleteNemo
While I appreciate James Woods, he is not, in fact, a PhD in microbiology nor a Rhodes Scholar.
ReplyDeleteBla bla bla my brother, they do this all the time so fuck it....
DeleteAnd fuck them...
DeleteWomen who go out in public with brass boogers are warning guys that "I got baggage."
ReplyDeletePlus, would you want to kiss that if you encountered it you younger years? I would have just asked if she was a cute stock yard animal...
DeleteHave you ever got your pubes tangled on a nose ring?
Delete