Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Yeah after a long day I'm going to drag you back to what I believe were the good old days...











































 

15 comments:

  1. #2. I'm old, born in 1950, but at least my classmates were all the same age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the memories.
    As for pop top cans, I've a Budweiser can and pull tab sitting on a shelf one foot away.
    I've not seen a coin pocket in quite some time.
    Bring one back: TG&Y, though the WoolCo / Woolworths would be a close second for the lunch counter.
    David

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the ride on the wayback machine, Doc.
    I would bring back Sears. I hate going to stores and with Sears, I could order from the catalog. Now it's Amazon, Midway, and Palmetto.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah. I go with Sears too. I still have and use a lot of tools I bought back in the 1970's
      now if they bring back the old Craftsman's tools of back then again,,,,
      I have a old table saw made in 1953 I think it was. replaced the bearing back in the 1990's
      had to go to a bearing house to get ones that would work (Sears didn't carry them anymore) so I bought a spare set of them. along with a set of matching drive belts.
      run out is about .001 or less after all of the use it had over the years.
      my neighbor's grandson is a wood worker and wants to buy it when I stop using it.
      they sold some really good tools back in the day. I also have a Craftsman's metal lathe/atlas that just keep working as well. I used to drool over the tool book back then.

      Delete
  4. I remember when it only came in bottles with a cap.

    PS You forgot Hop Sing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the walk down memory lane. I still remember reaching into a chest cooler filled with freezing cold ice water to grab a 8 oz coke in a glass bottle. Then popping the top with the attached bottle opener

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah. and they used to be 10 cents too. I remember buying them like that. and the empty WOODEN CASE for the empties right beside it.

      Delete
  6. 2nd to last: Radio Shack for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the cheapest gasoline I can remember buying was like .21.9 I think for hi-test. and 4 bucks filled the tank too ! first rifle was a Savage model 24 in 410/22 that cost me like 75-80 bucks new.
    I did more small game hunting back then. squirrels and rabbits for the most part

    ReplyDelete
  8. anyone else remember the 2 voltage system that was on Dodge cars? weird as hell. started on 12 and then ran on 6 volts ? got hired by one shop one fine day after jumping the solenoid on the firewall. I think they stop using it by 1970. anyway, the car would start and then die as soon as you
    let the key back. remember you have to turn it to start and it drop back to run after it started ?
    now I have a button to push while a foot is on the brake pedal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember a good many of these.
    Gas prices---HOLEEE SHIT!!!
    Bring back Radio Shack!
    Thanks for the memories & the mammaries BD!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Radio Shack for me as well. Remember almost all. LOL'd on the coin purse and lay-a-way. my 1st BB gun was purchased that way. Thanks Doc! I appreciate you and your work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bought my Ruger 10/22 at Service Merchandise when I was 15 or 16 (early 80's)

    ReplyDelete