Friday, September 11, 2026

One of my favorite sounds...


 

10 comments:

  1. Yeah for 50 years these beasts graced the skies of southern Arizona. The last squadron at D-M AFB left in July. Now we have F16s flying noisily every day. It sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait…where’s the BRRRRRT? Used to love when those things did their gunnery at Fort Drum. But that was a long time ago….
    MartyB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Warthog without BRRRRRRTT! is just another plane.

      Delete
  3. as a Grunt in Europe many years ago, I got to watch them run passes at the range early 1979 or late 1978. it was amazing to see dust rolling out from UNDER the old tanks as they fired on them.
    that alone warmed the hearts of us grunts. the gun blast was at least 20 foot or more in front of the plane. it shot so fast it didn't even sound like a gun too.
    and I have never understood why the air force pukes wanted to get rid of it ?
    the more you look into this plane, you find out they made it to rule over the battlefield.
    look up old battle damaged A-10 and you see just what I mean. it was made to give and take a beating and STILL BRING THE PILOT HOME.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You answered the question, airforce pukes.

      Delete
  4. Powered by twin GE TF34's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear them quite often as they fly out of the airbase in Missouri.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like the Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt........bbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrttttttt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even though I was below the surface, I was always in love with the A-10. My screensaver is a boomer (boo, hiss) being flown over by two A-10s.

    EM2-SS

    ReplyDelete