Monday, February 20, 2012

By the time a Marine pulled into a little town, every hotel room was taken. ”You’ve got to have a room somewhere,” he pleaded. ”Or just a bed, I don’t care where.” ”Well, I do have a double room with one occupant, a Navy guy,” admitted the manager, ”and he might be glad to split the cost. But to tell you the truth, he snores so loudly that people in adjoining rooms have complained in the past. I’m not sure it’d be worth it to you.” ”No problem,” the tired Marine assured him. ”I’ll take it.”
The next morning the Marine came down to breakfast bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. ”How’d you sleep?” asked the manager. ”Never better.” The manager was impressed. ”No problem with the other guy snoring, then?” ”Nope, I shut him up in no time,” said the Marine. ”How’d you manage that?” asked the manager.
”He was already in bed, snoring away, when I came in the room,” the Marine explained. ”I went over, gave him a kiss on the cheek, said, ‘Goodnight, beautiful,’ and he sat up all night watching me.”



One day a college professor of Psychology was greeting his new college class.
He stood up in front of the class and said, “Would everyone who thinks he or she is stupid please stand up?”
After a minute or so of silence, a young man stood up.
“Well, hello there sir. So you actually think you’re a moron?” the professor asked.
The kid replied, “No sir, I just didn’t want to see you standing there all by yourself.”



For three years, the young attorney had been taking his brief vacations at this country inn. The last time he’d finally managed an affair with the innkeeper’s daughter. Looking forward to an exciting few days, he dragged his suitcase up the stairs of the inn, then stopped short. There sat his lover with an infant on her lap! “Helen, why didn’t you write when you learned you were pregnant?” he cried. “I would have rushed up here, we could have gotten married, and the baby would have my name!” “Well,” she said, “when my folks found out about my condition, we sat up all night talkin’ and talkin’ and decided it would be better to have a bastard in the family than a lawyer.”

No comments:

Post a Comment